Deadline for applications: AUGUST 15th, 2021, 20.00 CEE
GOATMILK INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MEMORIES
TOPIC: BIG QUESTION: WHAT WE HAVE BECOME?
September 3-6, Varshets, Bulgaria
We invite national, regional and international journalists to visit GOATMILK International festival of memories and the project Centriphery, implemented in Bulgaria by New Culture Foundation We believe that journalists and critics are central agents of culture and the arts, their work is crucial, from an informational point of view, as well as in the development of knowledge around the arts and in the mediation with different audiences, favoring the sustainability of the practices and of the artistic community.
Who can apply?
International cultural journalists, art writers and critics, bloggers, working for online or offline magazines, newspapers, radio, television or other types of media.
What do we offer?
- Press trip program for three selected journalists/critics to be scheduled between 3 – 6 September, 2021 (maximum 3 nights and 4 days trip);
- Transport (flight ticket, train etc.) and accommodation in a hotel/guest house with breakfast included, located in Varshets, lunch and dinner at GOATMILK Festival canteen )where all the team, participating artists, partners and guests meet);
- Transfers between the airport of Sofia and Varshets;
- Full access to all GOATMILK Festival and Centriphery activities during the trip;
- Permanent support by the New Culture Foundation communication team for in site guidance and visits to the project’s activities, workshops, documentation and interviews scheduling;
- GOATMILK Fest Press point with daily photo reports, videos and additional documentation on participating artists, workshop/activities, and festival venues.
What do we ask for?
• Availability to travel to Varshets, Bulgaria;
• Publication of at least one article with a minimum of 1000 words or video/audio/radio reportage about the GM Festival 2021/ Centriphery and up to four posts/shorter articles. A contribution to a planned publication is very welcome
• Curiosity and interest in social and cultural topics;
How to apply?
Please send an e-mail to mailto:email@example.com with your application written in Bulgarian or English, that must include the following information:
- Short description of the work proposal (one or two paragraphs will do);
- Special needs, if applicable, to do the work, such as interviews with artists, partners, sites you need to visit and additional documentation;
- The name, type and URL of the media you work for or collaborate with for this feature;
- Two texts, articles or other works already published;
- Name, phone number, address, and e-mail;
- Desirable dates for travel (between 3-6 September, 2021);
- Estimated date for publications of the proposed work or article.
More info about what Centriphery is about:
CENTRIPHERY ?! – NEW CULTURE FOUNDATION (novakultura.org)
The official program will be announced very soon.
We are really looking forward for your applications!
About GoatMilk International Festival of Memories
The eighteenth edition of GOATMILK is looking for its new adulthood face – with a new place and new dates, with the energy of new participants and new guests – from Bulgaria, Iran, Czech Republic, Romania, France, Croatia, Austria …
GOATMILK remains true to its philosophy – still independent and non-commercial! A place for meetings and talks on difficult topics and between people who hardly meet and communicate. Again, we mix local people, artists, researchers, and journalists from all over the world. All united by the love of nature, freshly cooked local food, music, art, lifelong learning, simple things. People, sensitive to the environment and asking themselves the question – “What we have become?”
Because each periphery has its own center, Centriphery gives citizens of a so-called “periphery” a central voice in exploring and transforming local narratives and myths and encourages them to participate in recreating local identities and European narratives. Led by Festival der Regionen (Austria), the project gathers 8 partners: New Culture Foundation (Bulgaria), Dansehallerne (Denmark), Espoo City Theatre (Finlanda), La Manufacture Collectif Contemporain (France), Rijeka 2020 – European Capital of Culture (Croatia), Cultura Nova Festival (Netherlands), Walk & Talk (Azores, Portugalia) and Asociația Prin Banat (Romania). Centriphery is co-financed by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
Local parteners of the festival: National National Culture Fund of Bulgaria, Varshets Municipality and Specialized Hospitals for Rehabilitation – branch “St. Mina” – Varshets.
Photo credit: Kalin Serapionov
Be First to Comment